Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lage raho Suri bhai...

Last Friday I was invited over for a movie, Rab ne bana di Jodi. The movie was quite good; I know you will think I am being a Shahrukh fan. He is simply superb in the role, apart from dancing every now and then; he portrays the common man very well. The thing that stood out was the tenacious purpose with which he pursued his wife’s happiness, not love.
In Eastman colour days the onus of being the one to hold the relationship used to be with women, Silsila is quite appropriate in reel and real life, you may even recall the black and white days of Sati Savitri or Jakhm from not so distant past. With the new millennium things are looking different. The recent additions like Happy Singh (Singh is King) dangling around Soniaji or Ajay (U Me aur Hum) hooking Piya every day or Arjun Singh (Namastey London) bending around the bratness of Jasmeet or Munnabhai (Lage raho munna bhai) hitting his own wicket for Janhvi or Surinder Sahani (Rab ne bana di Jodi) dancing to Taaniji's tunes do declare loud and clear that the stronger, physically :-), sex has taken over the herculean task.
I am not going to bore you with what I think or don’t think about Suri bhai and his adventures with Taaniji. However this seems to be quite an interesting stance where machos are being mindful.

1 comment:

Ketan said...

OMG!! I didn't know you watch movies... :) good for you.
Nice one, but I hate Shahrukh man...I cannot digest the fact that one cannot recognize a person she lives with if he changes the way he talks, cloths and spects...